Home Forums Vedic Math How should I introduce Vedic Math to my child?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      curious-admincurious-admin
      Keymaster

Hi all – Recently I came across Vedic Math and am intrigued by its potential to simplify complex calculations for my child, however I’m unsure how best to introduce these concepts without overwhelming them. Should I start off slowly by teaching specific techniques or integrate it gradually with our existing math practice? Would love to hear from other parents or educators who have successfully introduced Vedic Math into the education of children; what approach worked well?

Keymaster

My 10-year-old has found Vedic Math an engaging journey! We started small by starting simple with addition and subtraction using “all from 9 and last from 10.” By making it into more of a game than lesson format she quickly caught onto what Vedic Math offered – her speed in solving problems improved as her confidence rose exponentially with every lesson taken! Begin slowly; let the magic of Vedic Math unfold naturally over time.

Keymaster

I started teaching my child Vedic Math by making it part of our daily lives – for instance when grocery shopping together we used Vedic methods to calculate discounts using Vedic techniques – making math practical yet fun! In addition, workbooks and tutorials helped reinforce these techniques – my daughter loves solving problems quickly with Vedic methods which has improved her performance at school math class; learning has never been so enjoyable before! Vedic Math truly enhances learning!

Keymaster

As a homeschooling parent, I have discovered the value in early introduction of Vedic Math can make an immense impactful. We started simple with basic concepts using flashcards from Color Pencil that allowed for interactive learning sessions involving visual aids and step-by-step explanations to quickly help my son grasp these techniques quickly – something math sessions now look forward to immensely and they even use Vedic Math tricks in his regular schoolwork!

Keymaster

In order to make Vedic Math engaging for my son, I introduced it through storytelling. We would create scenarios in which characters had to use Vedic techniques in solving problems – his favorite way of engaging with mathematics! Each week after our storytelling lesson we would set aside time just for practicing Vedic math together during an “Vedic Math Hour”, which provided effective but enjoyable practice time – making learning enjoyable yet effective.

Keymaster

As an educator, I introduced Vedic Math to my students by starting off with simple examples that relate directly to them and using games and puzzles as practice techniques – this kept the class engaged! Students who struggled with traditional approaches found Vedic Math easier to grasp. Watching their math anxiety decrease while simultaneously improving problem-solving capabilities was rewarding and heartening!

Keymaster

At 8, my son began learning Vedic Math with me. We started off slowly by practicing multiplication tricks he found fascinating; later I added fun exercises like timed challenges. Soon enough he was wowing classmates with his speedy calculations! Not only has Vedic Math improved his math abilities but it has also changed his attitude toward education as an educational experience.

Keymaster

My daughter found Vedic Math enthralling because it seemed magical; so, I took advantage of this interest by showing her how fast she could tackle complex mathematical issues when using flashcards or apps that reinforced these techniques daily. Her interest has expanded tremendously. Now eager to take on new mathematical challenges thanks to Vedic Maths confidence boost; an invaluable asset in her academic success!

Keymaster

Integrating Vedic Math into my routine was easier than anticipated. My child and I began by covering the fundamentals, using Color Pencils flashcards for visualizing techniques, keeping her engaged while making learning feel fun! Over time, Vedic Math became part of our regular study sessions and has significantly enhanced both her speed and accuracy in solving problems.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window